Autodesk software for 2D drafting and 2D drawing helps you create and edit technical drawings, as well as annotate designs. Drafters use these tools to develop floor plans, building permit drawings, building inspection plans, and landscaping layouts.
AutoCAD software for 2D drafting can help you:
- Draft designs more quickly, without using stencils and technical drawing instruments
- Develop site plans, refine concepts, sketch technical drawings, and share your ideas
- Customize templates and drawings more precisely
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients using other compatible Autodesk software products
- Create, send, and receive compatible data files when using genuine DWGâ„¢ file formats to collaborate with clients and associates
Autodesk offers specialized versions of AutoCAD software for architecture, MEP (mechanical,Â electrical, and plumbing), and piping design.
All AutoCAD products support the DWG file format, so you can easily review 2D drawings in 3D programs. Download a free* trial of our 2D drafting software, such as AutoCAD LT, and experience it for yourself.